Sunday, November 9, 2008

Battery life

As you know, to save battery iPhone goes to stand-by if no touches have been made for certain time. Unfortunately, in stand-by a running application is sent to sleep as well, it is not able to perform any operations. Fortunately, it is possible for an application to switch off the stand-by timer (though if you press stand-by button iPhone will still go to standby).

For the OSMTrack application, I do switch off the timer during the logging phase. Obviously, it has a disadvantage to waste your battery very fast (I have not measured, but others report something like 3 hours). Be warned.

UPDATE: I have tested it yesterday, and it took me approximately 2 hours to go from full battery to below 20% (I got low battery warning). So best of all, connect your iPhone to some power supply when logging...

No comments: